04 December, 2013

22 Days Challenge


I came across a post by Jay Z on his blog www.lifeandtimes.com about a 22 Day Challenge to go Vegan. I instantly loved the idea! It's true that psychologists say that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, I had read that before while studying for my SATs (lol I know), so I absolutely loved the idea of applying this concept to nutrition. The truth is that I had done something similar once before, but I had never tried to go vegan.

When Jay Z & Beyonce posted about embarking on this 22 day challenge, I thought it was a great way to inspire people to become more informed about their nutritional choices and hopefully healthier as a result. Of course I love Bey & Jay ('till the end of time & BEYond) - pun intended! :) So I decided to join in on this 22 day Plant-based diet challenge.



As Jay explains on his blog post, the first day of the challenge (today), is also his birthday. And the last day of the challenge will be Christmas day. If you find this as interesting, fun, or well timed for you as I have, Try It Out! You don't have to commit to becoming a vegan or anything after the challenge (though that would be awesome).

Jay will be posting his progress, and Beyonce already started today on her instagram. I will be posting my progress as well ;) For help with recipes and more info about the challenge, go to www.22daysnutrition.com. You can also follow them on twitter.

Oh and if you don't already (really?) follow Bey on twitter  and instagram as well.
Jay is on twitter too!

Good Luck!

Thank you to Marco Borges, Beyonce and Jay Z for this wonderful gift!
Happy 44th Birthday Hov! #December4th

2 comments:

  1. Amazing initiative! Love it! Thank you for sharing it! I think I'm gonna do it!!!!!!!
    P.S. I Love the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it! Starting a day late, but that should be ok right? Please post recipes!
    Thank You TGW!

    ReplyDelete