07 December, 2013

The Season of... Shopping!




It's that time of year when everyone... shops! lol Really though, we all have to do it. Oh but the gifting season is one of my absolute favorite times. I love shopping (shocker!), and I really love shopping for people that I love. So naturally, when tradition presents me with snowfall, warm sweaters, peppermint mochas & and an excuse to splurge... voila! in love! I did find that the season to be jolly came a little slower this year, but now that I can finally listen to holiday music & wear red lipstick all the time without feeling guilty, it couldn't be better! To be honest the whole black friday shopping thing got a little scary, and so due to lack of time to commit to proper holiday shopping, I went for the online experience! There's just so many things to pick out, people to think of, and choices to make that I thought it would be nice to share my bit of advice on the matter with you.



My gift list usually starts with a very nice shape (it gets messy later, trust me). So the first one on my list is of course, The Queen (and I don't mean Beyonce this time cuz I haven't really figured out how to mail things to her yet, but that's a whole other story), I mean my mom! For the first lady in your life I think it's best to go with something classic! Jewelry always works wonders. and that is definite! No really, you can't beat diamonds! I do think budgeting is important, so depending on what you're working with this year try to adjust, but remember to stay classy. You don't have have to get le 'pedant necklace', just mind what her "to go" jewelry item of choice is and gift her something to freshen her options (it will be appreciated & it'll represent exactly what everyone would want it to for their mommy!)

To shift it up let's talk about men (yeah, I know) ;) Well, wether it's your dad or you significant someone (purposely not more specifically defined) I'd go for something that shows how much you care. You know, I've actually been putting together a collection of my favorite cashmere sweaters of the season and gifting them as this "package gift" to my daddy. He absolutely loves it! I make sure they're the right size & match his complexion, so him looking good in them is an added bonus that I love too! They're so comfy & I think he just loves not worrying about having to shop for himself (at least in the sweater department). Anyway, a watch is also a perfect no brainer gift (and by that I don't mean that it's easy to pick out) it's just something men are more likely to appreciate. Oh and also cufflinks! My brother, who collects them (because I started buying so many for him) is always looking forward to the next pair. I will bring him a pair from places that I visit, choosing the brand & model based on the place I was in and the season at the time. It's a nice trick to have up your sleeve ;) (as are ties, bow ties, ascots, tie bars or any accessories your man goes for really - also it's not a bad idea to introduce him to some new ones: it makes your life way simpler, makes for a nice surprise, plus the bonus of a good looking man!)

Back to the ladies! Now you know how easy it is to shop for your sister... the way I see it: she wants whatever you would want if you were her age (wether younger or older)! I find this principle always works for me (shouldn't be a problem if you have different tastes, trust me your sis can tell fine fashion!) As for other women in your life like your aunts or grandmas, two words: Silk scarves! They don't have to be Hermes, just chose a nice vintage scarf that you think would suit her and you're good to go! Last but not least, your friends: now I don't think this is a hard one either. Really, just shop as if you were buying things for yourself. Ah but the catch is to match how much you'd want the item with  how close you are to your friend - exceptions always permuted when you decide to get the item for yourself off - (and with your budget in mind as usual). But don't over thing this, you'll now what to do!

Ahh to get back to another note for a sec though... I love online shopping! I would advise to Practice With Caution!!!!!! It is super super addictive (as many of you know). With that in mind, it's such a time & sweat saver! I don't think you should get every single thing off your list online (though you can go for it,  I've absolutely done it before - it totally works),  but you might want to leave room for an actual shopping experience. You know, no stress! LoL ... I mean, less stress!
Anyway, I hope these tips help ease your holiday shopping if even a bit... as always, ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment